Automotive Teacher at PVHS

1568

Jeremiah Oloff, Journalist

Mr. Funk is a automotive technician that is sharing his love of cars with students. Mr.Funk he teaches automotive class in room 117. Some students love cars and others don’t he is sharing with both kind of students, he wants to help students by teaching them about automotive.

Teaching can’t be something you just do for money, you have to enjoy it. To enjoy teaching you have to be comfortable with kids and young adults.

Mr. Funk says, “I enjoy teaching automotive specifically because, I love cars, I love what I do, I love fixing them, I love building cars, making them fast and, making them look cool, I hopefully inspiring my students to love the same thing, or at least love some part of the same thing.”

When you are a teacher your home life will affect your school life and vice versa.

Funk says “I have a lot less time. I have a kid and I try to live what I preach. I try to make sure what I tell you is not fabricated and, I tell you guys how I live and what I believe.”

His class his like coming to work almost, you can’t show up late and have to pay attention.

There is many different jobs in the industry Service Tech Diagnostic Tech, Brake and Transmission Tech, Body Repair, Vehicle Refinishers, and Vehicle Inspectors which all have a different experience in the industry.

Mr. Funk’s loves the industry  “Everything I love the complexity of cars how it changes constantly. The auto industry in never stagnant. I’m always having to stay up on things and having to learn, and It’s always a challenge every car you get in your bay. If you’re a service tech, it is different. It’s a different problem and a different set of things that I have to figure out. It’s like being a doctor for cars and I love it.”

Mr. Funk is a great teacher that cares for every student. He wants to inspire students to love what he loves or some part of it and helps everybody that asks for it. He is like every other teacher that works at PVHS. He loves his job.