Student Store

Alexis Norman, Journalist

This school year the vending machines have been removed, and replaced by what most call a student store. But the vending machines were taken away for good reasons, and even if we all don’t like the student store, we should embrace it.

The vending machines (as great as they were) violated health code, by having too much sodium or sugar. Hailee Wright, a Student Council Sophomore, says, “I feel it is good to respect the health code.” There was too much in our vending machines that violated the health code such as the beloved Hot Cheetos, Takis, and Doritos.

The student cart however benefits not just the students with great snacks, but student council and clubs. The money that the cart makes goes to F.B.L.A. (Future Business Leaders of America) and other organizations so students should buy some of the great snacks. They have Rice Krispy treats, Cheese-its, and potato chips, and other. So you can see the friendly faces of Stu-Co and club members.

Romi Carreon, Hailee Wright, and Jayden Stebbins all help out managing the Student Store. As much as they like to be in the company of Mr. Abbiss, they also like to be in the company of students. Stebbins says, “The student cart is a great way for me to interact with other students! It helps me see faces I wouldn’t see in a regular day, and meet and talk to new people.”

There are, of course, the students that dislike the student store. Sophomore Reigan King says, “No, I really don’t like the student cart… Because I think it’s pointless for how small the servings are. I miss the vending machines in some ways, because we could take our time without feeling rushed to pick something.” Even though King has a point about feeling rushed while making a decision, hopefully not many other students feel that way.

The student store is a good adjustment for our school, even if not everyone agrees. The store gives options of healthier snacks to the students, that adhere to the health code. Hopefully, Stu-Co will start seeing more friendly faces at the student store.