Hat Day

Hat Day is rewarded to the students, here at PVHS when the students aren’t involved in any altercations.

Avi Huling, Journalist

Jeremy Stritenberger PVHS sophomore in Mr. Whitenights first period.

The PVHS 9-12 grade students are rewarded a Hat day every 14 days when there are no fights  amongst the students. Some students are very eager to participate in Hat day. But is it really necessary?

Wearing a hat inside a building is considered disrespectful and we are rewarded with this option for behaving properly.

Early Childhood teacher Mrs. Bridges said, “I think Hat Day is fun. I love seeing all the crazy hats people wear. I came from a generation where men did not wear hats inside; however, in today’s world, everyone wears them.”

She added, “It’s fun to see how creative our student body can be. Crazy Hair Day, Twin Day, Dress Like Your Favorite Character Day, etc”are other suggestions instead of just Hat Day.

Samantha Runnion, Junior here at PVHS was also interviewed on the topic of Hat Day and here’s her thoughts: “ I feel the Hat Day is unnecessary because I don’t wear hats. I think that we could alternate other options into this particular day.”

“We should include a prep rally or have a special food choice on the day that we are rewarded.” said Runnion. Some students don’t wear hats on a regular basis, so having Hat Day isn’t something they’d like to participate in.

Everyone has the right to have an opinion on what we should and should not do for our reward days. I feel that Hat Day was a good contribution to the students willing to make a change, but was this really the best way to prevent conflict between our students?