The Pet You Don’t Want

Jordyn Larsen, Journalist

Pet peeves-the one thing that irks people off without a legitimate reason why. It is common for everyone to have one (or many) yet no one ever seems to acknowledge how truly humorous they are.

It is commonly said that it is the little things in life that matter most. But things like nails on a chalkboard or uneven hoodie strings should not matter that much, yet still, they do. There is a list of things that bother people endlessly and they seem to be the tiniest distractions ever.

“My biggest pet peeve is when people pronounce things wrong, like ‘especially’ or ‘regular’” says junior Shelby Ledford. And indeed, it is obnoxious (unless one has an accent), but such anomalies can forgiven when there are more bothersome actions that can mess with a person’s day.

For example, chewing with an open mouth or slamming fingers into a keyboard would honestly annoy anyone simply because it’s gross or just plain destructive. It’s just a matter of common courtesy to others.

Sometimes people do things that are a bit annoying but there are moments when pet peeves get to be too much. As annoying as they can be, people do irksome things as a result of low self esteem or because they are struggling with their own lives. Maybe they are just calling out for help.

“I hate it when people seek attention and then push everyone away,” comments junior Karley Broadhead, “but I know that we all have our issues.” It goes to show that pet peeves are not always tiny and insignificant but sometimes things that truly do need to be acknowledged.    

As human beings, we are bound to become annoyed with each other at times, and it’s up to us to know that it is never our place to judge. Even though it gets quite irritating, people have to remember that life is full of frustrations and there is always a way to deal with it. Yet still, it never seems to fail at winding a person up.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “The Pet You Don’t Want”

1. Damia Owens on May 8th, 2018 1:31 pm

I have a pet peeves too like when someone is smacking when their chewing, it’s so annoying, do you know people who do that?

[Reply]

2. Jazmine Cook on May 11th, 2018 8:19 am

I feel like everyone has that one pet peeve. The one thing that no matter what, irritates them to the fullest. Sometimes these pet peeves are small and sometimes they aren’t. I think that you did a great job at writing the article. There is a lot of great information in there, and there is even information in there that I did not know about.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

The Impossible

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Featured

Sub-ordinate Students

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

The Dangers of Snapchat

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

Never Know Who’s Listening

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

School Uniforms – Yay or Nay

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

Death Among Us All?

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

You Never Know Who’s Behind The Screen

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Arts and Entertainment

What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment?

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

Standardized Tests for Not-So-Standard Students

• The Pet You Don’t Want

Opinion

Is it Really Guns?

The Pet You Don’t Want