Softball Makes Playoffs

Destany Ivy, Journalist

With playoffs around the corner, the 2017 reigning regional softball champs step on the field to begin their training. After a very successful season last year, the Lady Trojans are preparing to take regionals and attend state once again.

Varsity Coach Eli Armendariz notes how progression has been made from the beginning till now: the defense has become stronger, and errors have been diminished from 7-9 to 2-3 per game.

Varsity Coach Susan Toomer added, “The girls came in a lot stronger this year with overall more team experience.”

The main focus at this point of the season is, “having few errors, and focusing on scoring runners in RBI situations,” says Toomer.

Seniors Alyvia Briscoe and Kathy Niles feel the team’s strongest suits are in their “confidence, defense, and competition.” But with success, the team feels they need more competition to prepare for harder teams coming up in the future.

As for weaknesses, some girls on the team feel they’re weak at getting along. But with little arguments here and there, the team knows their main priority is coming together as a team and taking the win.

This is something that Coach Armendariz agrees with. He wants the girls going into playoffs to know to “keep your eyes on the prize, stay healthy, and no one can beat you but yourselves.”

Senior Captain Amaya Mendoza hopes that she and the rest of the team will attend state for her last year. She shared that one of her favorite memories throughout the years was making it to state last year, and the memories she shared throughout the season.                                                                         

As the season comes to an end, Senior Co-Captain Evandy Murphy wants the girls that hope to play next year to “work hard because you’re only getting better for state next year!”

These girls have put their love and sweat into every swing, every catch, and every ball thrown throughout the season. Keep updated and wish the PVHS Lady Trojans luck as they make playoffs.

About the Writer
Destany Ivy, Journalist

I’m a journalist for your newspaper this year. I try to get as involved as I can and interact with fellow students. A little known fact is I never thought to be a journalist in the future, but a psychiatrist. But look here I am getting involved and now writing for the Trojan Tribune. I would really love if you continued reading my work!

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Softball Makes Playoffs”

1. Kenya VanderBeek on May 7th, 2018 1:42 pm

This was a great and easy way to catch up on the girls softball team.

2. Angela Zeigler on September 24th, 2018 11:54 am

Great article

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Softball Makes Playoffs

PVHS News

The Tennis Team Takeoff!

• Softball Makes Playoffs

Sports

First Cross Country Home Meet In Seven Years

• Sports

Golf Season

• Softball Makes Playoffs

Sports

School Sport Scholarships

• Softball Makes Playoffs

Opinion

My Run-ins with Track

• Sports

Boys Basketball

• Arts and Entertainment

The New Olympics

• Softball Makes Playoffs

Sports

Girls Soccer Goes to State

• Softball Makes Playoffs

Sports

Pahrump Fall-ball Little League

• Sports

Is Cheerleading a Sport?

Softball Makes Playoffs