Beyond the Shadows

“When walking through the 'valley of shadows,' remember, a shadow is cast by a Light” - Austin O'Malley (An ophthalmologist and a professor of English literature at University of Notre Dame 1858-1932)

Shadows+can+always+be+deceiving+rather+then+real.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Beyond the Shadows

Shadows can always be deceiving rather then real.

Alyssa Greenway, Journalist

A shadow is a dark area where a light source is blocked and creates a silhouette or a reverse projection of the object or person; however, could a shadow be more complex than that? Can a shadow be deeper and created without a light source?

There has been a time in everyone’s life where they go out to the kitchen or even the bathroom at night and swore that they saw something, yet there was nothing there.

We tend to shake these things off as if nothing had happened, or even pretend that we saw nothing because we think we are just seeing things.

There are beings that many people around the world tend to see in their homes, or around buildings. They aren’t anything like ghosts, as many believed, but something more than that.

People that have encounters call these things the “Shadow People,” something that is blacker than black and always watching. Some have claimed that these could be our guardian angels, but these things are evil according to Susan Lawrence Fowler.

Many cases say that they see things dart within the shadows going through walls or even doors. They are believed to be some sort of inter-dimensional beings with their dimension overlapping with ours on occasion.

Generally, children tend to see ghost or shadow people because their mind is clearer and they have an imagination that is more open than adults; however, there are even many cases of adults seeing these shadow people as well.

Many people may think that these creatures are evil, that they will harm us, but honestly they are most likely harmless. They can’t touch or harm us in any way, especially because they tend to run from us when we see them; although, there isn’t even research to know if these are even real, or even if they are harmless.

As much as we see what happens in front of us and what we see, the only reason we feel scared is because its unknown, and that is what scares us all the most.

We may never really know how they are intertwined with our dimension, what their true intentions are, and why they are here because, what we do know is that they are harmless and we will be perfectly fine. Never underestimate anything because anything is possible.

About the Writer
Alyssa Greenway, Editor

My name is Alyssa Greenway and I have been writing for the school newspaper for about two-years. I typically like writing about the News and Featured such...

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Beyond the Shadows”

1. Sabrina Jaynes on September 20th, 2018 1:53 pm

When I was a little kid I saw a classic burglar in my living room, while he was a complete shadow I could still make out his angry expression when I screamed. Perhaps it was a real one, a ghost, or a shadow person. Either way, I was 5 and cried a lot after.

2. Jazeline webster on October 10th, 2018 1:47 pm

Normally, people do ignore what lies in the dark. Who knows what is beyond our plane of view. In the dark if you think you might have seen something analyze what it might be don’t just ignore it, it will stick in your mind forever.

3. Jazeline Webster on October 11th, 2018 1:36 pm

Normally, people ignore what lies in the dark. Who knows what is beyond our plane of view in the darkness. If you think you might have seen something, before you do anything analyze what it might be, don’t just ignore it. It will stick in your mind forever trying to find out what it is. Sometimes when people have encounters like these, they call whatever they see “Shadow People,” something that is blacker than black and always watching. Younger children say they have seen a ghost and/or a monster since their younger minds don’t take in that those type of creatures don’t exist.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Featured

Landfills

• Beyond the Shadows

Featured

Aliens, Do you believe?

• Beyond the Shadows

Featured

Mercy For The Unfortunate

• Beyond the Shadows

Arts and Entertainment

Poopsie Party

• Beyond the Shadows

Featured

The 101 on Hanukkah

• Beyond the Shadows

Featured

A World Unknown

• Featured

CCSD Pat Downs

• Beyond the Shadows

Featured

Mission to be a Marine

• Beyond the Shadows

Featured

Be Aware Not Scared

• Beyond the Shadows

Featured

From The Streets To The Clinics

Beyond the Shadows