Look at all those Vines

Jordyn Larsen, Journalist

It’s the little things in life that matter, people. It’s the small and insignificant that mean the most. And in the case of our generation, it has brought us together in the most abstract manner.

Teens fight and argue all the time, but if there is anything they have in common, it’s a unique sense of enjoyment. Vines are a good laugh for everyone watching other people’s failed attempts while different challenges give opportunities boosting self-esteem for surviving a vastly uncomfortable or life-threatening situation.

Besides, there’s nothing like a good challenge to add a bit of pizzazz to an ordinary day, especially when it’s potentially dangerous and a bit devil-may-care. After all, what’s life without a little risk? “The more reckless things are, the better the content,” says senior Sabrina Jaynes.

The most profound memories are created when a life is on the line. Vines, memes and challenges are mainly something brought forward by our current generations of young’uns. Senior Darcy Biermeyer said,“The cinnamon challenge was my favorite because anyone who did it deserved the consequences.”

And of course, this generation is all about new ways of learning. True, memes are not meant to be educational, however there is a deeper message underneath. Despite some memes coming straight out of the oldest joke book in history, humor never fades, no matter what form it comes in.

About the Writer
Jordyn Larsen, Journalist

As a former band member, I am extremely passionate about music and I love to dance. Currently, I am on the PVHS Dance Team and I play the clarinet, oboe and a little bit of percussion. I also love writing and drawing, because it’s the best way to express my ideas to the world.

7 Comments

7 Responses to “Look at all those Vines”

1. Ryan Sciacca on September 24th, 2018 11:42 am

super sick

2. Aliya Bolton on October 2nd, 2018 11:01 am

ooooooooo girl. beeeaaauuuuuiful

3. Kaili Perry on October 4th, 2018 10:56 am

B E A U T I F U L!!!!!!!

4. Blaid Parker on October 10th, 2018 1:53 pm

Humor in the world will forever be needed. There is nobody in the world that won’t tell or get a joke so this whole story is amazing, arguing that “the little things in life,” simple comedy, makes the world go round.

5. josh on October 10th, 2018 1:55 pm

Having memes and vines is a great thing and everyone knows “vines are a good laugh for everyone watching.” Just making someone laugh from showing them a meme is a good feeling because you could have just made their day.

6. Gavin Sheets on October 10th, 2018 4:55 pm

One way to have a good laugh is through “vines,” and it really is the sense of enjoyment these days. Vines are hilarious jokes meant to entertain people, and to brighten up their day. That is also describing memes as well; however, if either vines, or memes never existed then the whole entire world will just feel miserable, but I highly doubt that will happen because jokes make everyone happy. Even though some of those jokes are extremely old, every joke, nevertheless, it,gives every person in the entire planet some sense of humor, so overall any joke in vines or memes cause everyone to laugh.

7. Antwan McDonald on October 10th, 2018 5:51 pm

I like this article because everything is true and very beneficial. This article explains how little things in life matter and how today’s generation can work together as one and keep each other motivated. Almost every vine that is made today is usually funny or very useful, and watching comedy helps us to relieve stress and keep a good sense of humor. There are a lot of different kinds of vines. Their are vines of people doing magic tricks or there are vines of people failing in the vines compilation.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Look at all those Vines

Featured

Women’s Rights

• Look at all those Vines

Featured

Ways to breeze through your first year of high school (Tips and Advice)

• Look at all those Vines

Featured

We Forget

• Look at all those Vines

Opinion

Fall Festival

• Look at all those Vines

Opinion

Cows and Climate Change

• Opinion

Years in a Book

• Look at all those Vines

Opinion

The Impossible

• Look at all those Vines

Opinion

The Pet You Don’t Want

• Look at all those Vines

Featured

Sub-ordinate Students

• Look at all those Vines

Opinion

The Dangers of Snapchat

Look at all those Vines