The Winter Formal Assembly

Emma Burgoin, journalist

On February 7, 2019 PVHS held a Winter Formal assembly for teachers and students. The assembly consisted of performances by the dance team, band, and cheer team. There were also activities for the audience, and lots of laughter. The assembly started with a cheer performance, and they performed to “Sicko Modeby Travis Scott featuring Drake, “No Tears Left to Cry” by Ariana Grande, “One Kiss” by Dua Lipa and Calvin Harris, and “Big Bank” by Yg.

After the cheer performances, they had winners for teacher spirit week, which where Mrs. Thompson and Mrs. Cunningham. The parade displayed the classes of 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 with sport teams holding the signs for each. After the parade, the dance team danced to “2 Step” by Unk. We can’t forget the the band performance to “One More Time” by Daft Punk and “High Hopes” by Panic! at the disco.

The hungry hippo game and eating contest games consisted of Freshman and Sophomore classes, and don’t forget about the hula hoop contest with Mr. Harron and Ms. Hardsocg. This was during the second assembly.

The dance was held on February 9, 2019 at PVHS cafeteria there were concessions, seats, and tables on the outside. The theme of the Winter Formal dance was “The Greatest Showman.” The student council decorated the cafeteria with posters and scenes from the movie.

there were teachers and students at the dance. They had good music choices for slow dances and group dances. They even had a dance circle formed a few times with students.Mr. Williams, the DJ for the night, even let the students pick their own songs.