Pahrump Valley High School Baseball Team

Coach Roy Uyeno is building his team for the future of Pahrump Valley High School.

The PVHS Baseball Team

The PVHS Baseball Team

Baseball involves mind games, strategy, skill, athleticism, and coaching. It is one of the most challenging sports to play in the world, with a ball the size of your palm and a skinny bat to hit it with. Huge 320ft high school field, with only nine players in the field to make plays. Our Pahrump Valley baseball team is as good as it’s going to get and they have big chances to make something happen for the program.

This year’s baseball season for 2023 is going to be our best season yet. With the unreal talent of Kyle McDaniel and the chemistry, we have as a team, Our baseball program gives us great opportunities for our community. Our team has been on the news, and college scouts have been coming out and or reaching out to head coach Roy Uyeno. I have interviewed starting left fielder Austin Sandoval about our PVHS baseball team.

Kayne Horibe

Sandoval loves everything about the sport; the mind games, not being able to predict what will happen next, and where one mistake won’t affect the whole game. Our baseball team went to Moapa on Tuesday, March 7th, and Pahrump lost 4-5 against Moapa. Sandoval states; “If we would’ve adjusted our swings and also adjusted to the game we would’ve won, but that’s what the sports about we have the rest of the season to grow.” Research shows proof that baseball is one of the most mentally challenging sports there is, according to Pledge Sports.

The toughest thing about baseball is keeping the right mindset and learning how to adjust. Sandoval states; “We struggle when we get into our heads, even the pros do it in the big leagues. we have to learn how to adjust and keep a good mindset.” From personal experience, I have had bad mindsets going into games and then had a bad outcome, and vice versa. I believe if our team goes into the game knowing they will succeed, great opportunities will happen.

Kayne Horibe, Aidyn Cratty, Payden Eaton, Kyle McDaniel, Andrew Zern, Mickey Wells

Most of our opportunities will come from how much we succeed through the season. He said, “We have been on the news a couple of times so that will give us more attention, and also we have colleges wanting to come to scout our team out.” Kyle McDaniel committed D1 to Utah Tech, which allows our program opportunities to get our name out there to other college organizations. Also, our JV program has a great group of athletes for the following years coming up after the senior class is gone.

Our baseball program, here at the Pahrump Valley High School, is going to make the state title holders, Virgin Valley, a run for their money. Coach Roy and his baseball program give great opportunities to our school and athletes. Come out and support your trojans, watch them play some great baseball.