America’s Next Top Trojan Is Cancelled

A new fundraiser for prom has been cancelled at our school.

Sabrina Jaynes, Journalist

A new concept to PVHS is America’s Next Top Trojan, a pageant show featuring soley the teachers. The Student Council junior class would have hosted the event on Thursday March 15th from 5-7pm, with all proceeds going towards this year’s prom, except tragedy struck.

The idea was created by Shelbie Lucas and Katie Goodman, juniors, during a giant brainstorm session for fundraising. “Mr. Maroon and Gold always goes well but having a show with the teachers seemed like it would be a lot funnier,” stated Lucas. Members hoped that the event would go well and become a tradition within the school.

The pageant would have begun with a formal section; each contestant would be introduced on stage in what they consider to be their best attire. If a teacher chose to wear a tux or a funny costume, they would be allowed to.

After all teachers are introduced, they would be corralled onto stage to answer stereotypical pageant questions, such as “if you had one million dollars, what would you do with it?”  Although while everyone is on stage, each teacher would have a spotlight moment for their question.

For the final act, each teacher would perform a talent in front off the audience and judges, that was not pre-approved.

The judges would have been Student Body Officers at our school that would have submitted their scores within each category, and then tally up the total score. The winner would have won an office chair.

StuCo members expected a large audience turn out, but the event was tragically canceled. Only one teacher at our school was willing to participate. Several emails were sent asking for their help, but to StuCo’s dismay, only Mr. Moellendorf was willing to turn in a slip.

“It goes to show if the teachers are not willing to participate, the students are not willing to either,” stated Goodman.

While the junior class is expected to raise money for prom, it can be extremely difficult to get the school involved. In an effort to make ends meet, a new fundraiser was created. During both lunches from March 19-29 one can purchase raffle tickets for a pair of concert tickets for the band  Portugal. The Man on April 13th at the Cosmopolitan. One raffle ticket is $3, or $15 for 6 raffle tickets.

Until further notice, America’s Next Top Trojan is canceled… indefinitely.