Fall Festival

Harvest Festival weekend!!!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall Festival

Kaili Perry, Journalist

Fall Festival, Hopefully everybody had a magnificent weekend!!!

“Autumn carries more gold in its pocket than all the other seasons,” said Jim Bishop, an  American journalist and author who wrote the bestselling book The Day Lincoln was Shot. Fall Fest is the best time of year for me.

There is a tradition in Pahrump and Las Vegas and all over the world. The first time this was a tradition everyone joined together and saw the parade and had rides and everything for a whole weekend, 50 years ago. There comes a time where everyone comes together and has fun, Fall Fest, otherwise known as Harvest Fest.

Hundreds and hundreds of people can’t wait to have fun on Fall Fest weekend featuring rides, games, food, and laugher.   The location of this awesome tradition is in Petrick Park and it starts at 7 AM to 6 PM. The fun can’t stop!

The biggest hits at this festival are the Zipper, Ring of Fire, Ferris Wheel, Typhoon, Galaxy 3,000, Yo-Yo, Bumper Cars and The Huge Slide, Bull Riding Competition, and the Parade. There’s also face painting, popcorn, and many different types of food stands such as barbeque,funnel cake, and deep fried goodies. There are people selling sweets, games, jewelry, dreamcatchers, clothing, hats. etc. Everyone has a smile and is laughing.

Fall Festival was last weekend, but you must hurry because the time has come to have fun.  Come and join the fun! The best part of The Harvest Fest is that you can hang out with your friends all day, with tickets and/or all-day passes. This is Pahrump,This is our community.

Fall Fest weekend was and still is the best traditions around here!!!

8 Comments

8 Responses to “Fall Festival”

1. Kaili Perry on October 4th, 2018 10:39 am

I love Fall Fest, my favorite part is having fun with my Friends and Family.
    What is your favorite part???

2. Nowell on October 10th, 2018 1:54 pm

Fall Fest is possibly the most anticipated event of the year besides summer break. Of course “autumn carries more gold in its pocket than any other season” and I couldn’t agree more. Fall, in general, is a calm and soothing time of year with violent altercations rarely occurring. Fall Fest gives students and the citizens of Pahrump a chance to an enjoy an entire weekend of amusement park antics and circus novelties. Fall is the perfect setting with the crisp air, not hot nor cold, kissing the tip of your nose and the brown and gold leaves fluttering from surrounding trees and saplings to meet with the ground in an aerial acrobatic fashion providing a comforting setting warm with the buzz of the neon lights and steaming food which makes Fall Fest.

3. Trista Pena on October 10th, 2018 1:56 pm

When i go and visit Mt.Charleston “autumn carries gold in it’s pocket then all the other seasons.”

4. josh on October 10th, 2018 2:05 pm

Fall Festival is a great time, and everyone does “come together and have fun” whether it is eating food, watching the events, riding the rides, or just walking around and talking to friends.

5. Gavin Sheets on October 10th, 2018 2:10 pm

In Pahrump, everyone comes to an event known as “Harvest Fest” to have fun and hang out with friends and family. I agree with the author Kaili Perry because of all the activities. For example, there are wonderful rides like the ring of fire, bumper cars, and many more. There is also the different food stands such as the funnel cakes that are really delicious. Also the Harvest Fest has some fun games set up, and people that work there sell some great stuff you can buy, so overall the Harvest Fest is a perfect event to come and have fun.

6. Madilynn Hallenback on October 10th, 2018 2:11 pm

Fall Fest is known for a good time and “everyone has a smile and is laughing.” At this festival, I have seen kids with the biggest smiles imaginable, but I have also seen kids with tears rolling down their face. They get upset because of a boy or a parent. So everyone is not having the best time.

7. Kaili Perry on October 29th, 2018 10:54 am

Thanks you guys!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

8. Emma Burgoin on October 29th, 2018 10:58 am

I love the fall time and the fall fest and you describe it very well.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Fall Festival

Opinion

Keep Calm and Beauty On

• Fall Festival

Featured

A World Unknown

• Fall Festival

Opinion

What is Love?

• Fall Festival

Opinion

Fact or Fiction?

• Fall Festival

Opinion

Cloudy With A Chance Of… Destruction?

• Fall Festival

Opinion

In Regard to Ranch

• Fall Festival

Opinion

Role Models or Just Models?

• Fall Festival

Featured

Ranch?

• Fall Festival

Opinion

(Boy)Scouts

• Fall Festival

Opinion

Who is Playoff Bound?

Fall Festival