Limited Halloween 2020

Madison Barham-Perez, Journalist

Imagine Halloween…The huge parties that are thrown, the amazing costumes you dress up in, or even just hanging out with some of your best friends. What if that all ended one year well that’s the catch this year due to Covid-19
Little kids are required to wear masks during trick-or-treating, we also are not allowed to throw huge parties or celebrate in large crowds. Even though all of these limitations are required people are still okay with there being little to no Halloween this year. I believe that it is very important to understand and follow the policies of this Halloween in order to not get Covid-19. It’s really not so bad people don’t mind as much this Halloween in Pahrump. People sincerely believe that it is not going to be so bad staying inside and having family quality time. What would you think? Is it safe to take candy from strangers during a pandemic? Is it safe to hand out candy? You possibly think that this whole thing is pointless… but I’ll prove you wrong.
There are 528 cases in Nye county and 15 deaths in total. There are a few possibilities that something bad could happen/go wrong during Halloween. If you are not careful, you should already know what’s coming this year of Halloween. You should wear masks, avoid crowds, use sanitizer, and stay away from big parties otherwise you might get the deadly illness coronavirus also known as SARS-CoV-2. I suggest staying inside and if you don’t stay inside and decide to help your kids to trick-or-treat, keep your kids masked, and safely away from people and strangers that might have the illness. Also, be sure to put sanitizer on their hands if that doesn’t help you feel comfortable with your kids leaving the house then use gloves when trick-or-treating. The same would be required if it was you going with them. It can be quite confusing on how adults think about Covid-19 so, I did an interview on how an adult might feel compared to an early teen earlier this morning on September 18th. I interviewed a middle-aged adult woman, and a young male teenager, lets start with Cherish Pryor and what she thinks…
Q: “What do you think about Halloween being limited this year because of Covid-19?”
A: “Halloween was already kind of being fazed out because of the trunk or treating last year which, is safer for the kids so this year it wasn’t that big of a deal.”
Q: “So are you going to miss our usual Halloween in Pahrump?”
A: “I miss usual Halloween 10 years ago, here in Pahrump no I won’t.”
Q: “What’s one thing you would change if you could about this year’s Halloween?/ What are you doing for Halloween this year?”
A: “Our Pink Ladies of Pahrump group is going to be having a Halloween Party for our members and we believe that is efficient enough.”
Cherish thinks that it is okay for there not to be much of a Halloween because there was not much of a Halloween any other time. Cherish is not as disappointed as much as a teen would be and currently, compared to the young teen he thinks a little different from an adult. He believes that it is unfair for there not to be a Halloween this year due to Covid-19 because it is a time for him to have social time and not as much for trick-or-treating but more towards the side of seeing his friends
A: “I think it’s stupid because I really wanted to hang out with my friends this year.”
Q: “Are you going to miss our usual Halloween in Pahrump?”
A: “No, because there was never really entertaining happening during Halloween.”
Q: “What’s one thing that you would change if you could about this year’s Halloween?/ What are you doing this Halloween?”
A: “I wish that Covid-19 would go away.”
As you see they both had almost the same answer which was, that nothing really happened on Halloween in Pahrump so, they wouldn’t miss Halloween as much this year. Maybe the ratings will drop this year when it comes to Covid-19 in Nye County. It’s been looking that way here in Nye County surely most young kids will stay inside, young teens that go to middle school, and high school students will likely stay inside with their parents or at least away from large crowds hopefully. This year’s Halloween might not be so bad as they say. Well…at least in Nye County.