Devious Licks; After Effects

Pahrump Valley High School continues to employ QR codes and hallway pass links a year after the devious licks challenges.

Devious Licks; After Effects

The notorious Devious Lick Challenge, which infected all schools throughout the United States, has come to an end after almost a full year. A few people here and there are trying to resurrect the challenge, but it does not work. Nobody seems to remember to finish it anymore.

Most schools now have a structure to ensure this challenge never happens again. Some of these enforcements stayed while others went away. Not for our Pahrump Valley High School.

You would assume that once the challenge was over, we would resume signing out on paper, but we continue to use online links. According to Mrs. Veloz, the principal of our high school, “The links are used as a general safety precaution. If something occurs in the hallways/restrooms and we can track who was in the hallway and when; this helps us to hold students accountable and keep people safe.”

PVHS senior Dominic Trevino: “I never really thought they would be there for long. The devious licks were fairly ridiculous, but I genuinely think that the electronic sign-outs are preferable because our peers’ whereabouts are known ”

According to Mrs. Veloz’s comments, it appears that these links won’t disappear anytime soon, therefore we ask that all children behave appropriately in the corridors and bathroom.