The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Is that even a Christmas movie?

A movie that we all enjoy and love during the month of December but are we really watching a Christmas movie?
https://www.trustedreviews.com/how-to/watch-the-nightmare-before-christmas-4188292

It’s that time of the year when hot chocolate and peppermint start to appear and smell wherever you go with the endless red and green color that screams holiday cheer and happiness. It’s also that time of year when you get all comfy in blankets and watch your favorite Christmas movies but have you ever wondered how most of these so-called “Christmas movies” are truly holiday movies and why one loves them so much?

“The Nightmare Before Christmas” is a classic holiday film that a large amount of people enjoy watching on both the holidays of Christmas and Halloween, the movie is popular among generations and was released back in 1993 by filmmaker and animator Tim Burton who was already huge for other previous works that included “Beetlejuice” and “Edward Scissorhands”. “The Nightmare Before Christmas” is about pumpkin king Jack Skellington who grows tired of his holiday and tries to become Santa Claus after seeing the joyful holiday when passing through the woods and falling into the holiday’s door. 

The movie is popular due to the animation and catchy songs that one loves to sing but just because the main character tries to steal Christmas does that make it a Christmas movie? The main character is based in a world of Halloween where he is supposed to enjoy and love his holiday, not try and experiment to see what other holiday brings him joy. Halloween and Christmas are a month apart from each other and they usually bring the most joy out of most holidays due to the fun activities and vibes the holiday gives. 

“The Nightmare Before Christmas” is a great movie overall but try and truly think if it is a Christmas movie and if we should watch it during December while also watching other fun movies and spending time with loved ones and overall enjoying the very joyful holiday.