The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

• Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

Opinion

Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

• A Celebration of Love

Opinion

A Celebration of Love

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

Dr.Pepper is the oldest soft drink in America! While being the most popular!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Dr_Pepper_Logo_neu.png

Dr.Pepper, the oldest known soft drink in America, is easily one of the most loved soda’s. Dr.Pepper was originally created in Waco,Texas by a local pharmacist Charles Alderton. The well loved soft drink has been around since 1885 and has been a very popular drink since then.  

https://picryl.com/media/1940s-neon-dr-pepper-sign-at-the-dublin-bottling-works-and-wp-kloster-museum

Dr.Pepper has an astonishing 23 flavors. With its taste being a mix of sweet and spicy. This soft drink is a major hit with generation z, but is still a huge hit with the other generations. Dr.Pepper originally was named Waco, although Wade Morrisson suggested the name Dr.Pepper. Charles Alderton born on June 21st, 1857 in Brooklyn, New York. Alderton was the oldest of his four siblings. Alderton worked as a pharmacist in Waco,Texas at Morrison’s Old Corner Drug store. This little shop had in fact included a soda fountain. Charles Alderton had received his education in medicine at the University of Texas.

The soft drink was first sold on December 1st,1885. Alderton had noticed that the local customers were getting sick of drinking the original flavors of soda. He decided to experiment, finally creating the soda “Waco”. Customers used to say ‘Shoot me a Waco”. 

There are 13 different flavors of Dr.Pepper in stores right now, and after asking fellow peers, many agree the original flavor is the best.I have interviewed Hayle March, 9th  and Kendall Lusk,9th who absolutely love Dr.Pepper! March adds that Dr.Pepper is her favorite drink. She believes there is nothing better than to crack open a cold fresh Dr.Pepper. March states “It just quenches my thirst in the best way” Both Lusk and March stated the original flavor is their favorite, as well as both agreeing there is no better soda than a nice cold Dr.Pepper.

The famous soft drink quickly gained popularity. Alderton couldn’t keep up with the demanding production needs, so he handed his business over to the owner of  Morrison’s Old Corner Drug store, Wade Morrison. Morrison then created the name Dr.Pepper. It was rumored to be named after Wade’s true love’s father. Although Morrison made his best efforts to receive permission from his lover’s father, Wade never did get his approval. 

https://picryl.com/media/dr-pepper-beverage-advertising-sign-on-a-building-in-downtown-mount-pleasant?zoom=true

In 1951 Dr.Pepper sued Coca Cola due to confidently believing cokes were a restraint of trade. Coke sold their products at a lower cost which led to Dr.Pepper’s belief. Dr.Pepper had won their case. Following their success they sued Coca Cola again in 1972 regarding a soft drink that was being marketed by their company, by the name of Peppo. Coca Cola soon changed the name.

Dr.Pepper is a great drink that everybody should try at least once in their lifetime. The refreshing drink always adds extra deliciousness to just about any occasion! It is like a party in your mouth! I would highly recommend trying this drink. Whether that means by itself or mixed with another drink!