The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

Opinion

Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

• Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

Opinion

Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

• A Celebration of Love

Opinion

A Celebration of Love

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

What Should Your First Job Be?

Don’t have an idea for that first job you need to start thinking about? These are some ideas you may need to help decide what your first job should be!
What Should Your First Job Be?
https://libguides.twu.edu/c.php?g=1343602&p=9930525

When the time comes to get your first job, it can become difficult to decide what you want to do. It doesn’t need that much thought. Most people will get their first jobs then once they go to college they will get a new job closer to their campus. Having a first job isn’t a necessity for life but it’s a great way to easier set up for it. 

They will be earning money to start planning for life beyond school and will make it ten times easier for you. 

One of the most important questions about getting your first job would be how old should you have to be. You don’t have to be a specific age to get a job. There isn’t an age limit to getting a first job, however, most companies require you to be at least 16. Some more local companies can have you starting at 15, maybe even 14. The state you live in plays a huge part in age. States like Nevada and North Dakota hire at 14-16, as well as California. If you’re lucky to live in Illinois you can start looking for jobs at the low age of 12 if you are working during school hours, however, if you’re working outside of school hours the age can decrease to 10 years of age.

That brings us to transportation. Transportation is a key detail for working. Most teenagers will prefer to get a first job after they have received their permit to drive with a parent or guardian present, then eventually a license to be able to just go by themselves. The next thing would be the actual mode of transportation. If you have a vehicle that can be used for you during the hours needed you are squared away! If you don’t, there are some alternative options such as public transportation, walking, biking, and even buying your own car to use, with money from your job of course!

Bus crash injures 4 Pahrump Valley High School football players | Local Nevada | Local (reviewjournal.com)

A student at Pahrump Valley High School, Sunday Colon shared her thoughts on the topic of getting a first job! Sunday’s idea of a first job for herself would be a barista, drive-through worker, or cashier for America’s most popular coffee chain, you guessed it, Starbucks! Starbucks is a great place to work, their employees receive a discount of about 30% on beverages and food items! When Sunday was asked what her money would go to that she earned from job she replied “I would save my money for college so I can go to Florida State University.” Saving for college is really important but not everyone wants to go to college. So instead of saving for college other things you can save for can be your first car and saving for insurance, saving for an apartment or future home. 

Finally it comes to the actual jobs! Some of the most common first jobs include babysitting, newspaper delivery, grocery store bagger for big chain companies such as Walmart, Albertsons, Smiths, Raley’s, and Target. Other jobs can be cashiers for those grocery stores and fast food workers. Good fast food chains to work at could be McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Denny’s, being a waiter/waitress, Starbucks, and Taco Bell. 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/11-things-that-frustrate-every-grocery-store-employee/

First jobs don’t have to be tons of thought, most teens only keep their first jobs for about one year or until they go to college. Now that you have an idea, go look into your interested options and work up a resume!