The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

PVHS News

Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

• PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

Sports

PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

• An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

Uncategorized

An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

• All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

PVHS News

All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

• Bring Life to Your Community!

PVHS News

Bring Life to Your Community!

• Amazing Varsity Softball Data

Uncategorized

Amazing Varsity Softball Data

• The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

Sports

The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

• Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

PVHS News

Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

A Club Making the World a Better Place

Interact Club is a club full of friendly and hardworking members who help out around the town in small ways.
A Club Making the World a Better Place

Interact club is a club at the Pahrump Valley High School that kids come to take part in. Interact Club specializes in building kid’s leadership skills and helping out in places that need help such as helping sell snacks at school games, earning money in charity for things like bell ringing, and many other fun activities. Interact Club is open to all grades from 9th to 12th grade and is just a fun way to get out of the house while also helping out around the town. Being part of Interact Club can get you community service hours which can give you higher chances of getting into the college you want to get into. To sign up for Interact Club you have to go into the library at either lunch you have on Thursday. Thursday is the only day Interact Club meets to speak about upcoming events and who will sign up to go to what.

A couple of students who actively participate in the club were interviewed to learn more about the club Talyn Blazon a normal club member, and Bella Chapman one of the co-vice presidents. The first question the students were asked was what inspired them to join the club and why it inspired them. The answer given to the first question was similar for both of the students; both wanted to help their school and build up a reputation of being someone who can help if needed. Both members want to make our school and the world a better place; an amazing goal for Interact Club.

The next question Blazon and Chapman were asked was what their favorite part of the club was, which again was answered similarly. Both of them love doing the concession stands. But Chapman also likes to run the meetings, which only the co-vice presidents are allowed to do from what it seems like. When I asked Blazon and Chapman if they enjoy spending time with their fellow club members and club leader, Chapman answered yes before stating “While there are not very many members in the club, there are still a lot of people who actually want to make a difference for the school; like me.“

Blazon joined the club in her freshman year and when asked what she first thought of the club when she had joined, she responded that she thought it was very professional and organized despite the small number of members. When Chapman was asked what she first thought of the club she replied that she thought it was weird at first due to the lack of members and activity though once she began to participate in activities she quickly grew to love the club.

The last question the two members were asked was if they thought the club work was easy to do, and both responded that it is effortless. Blazon was honest in her opinion and said the things they do are quite repetitive but that is what makes it easy where Chapman wasn’t sure at first when she joined but she eventually grew to take on more work and become a co-vice president. 

If you want to help out around town and be part of a fun club with many friendly members consider joining Interact Club in one of their meetings during either lunch on Thursdays in the library!