The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

PVHS News

Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

• PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

Sports

PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

• An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

Uncategorized

An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

• All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

PVHS News

All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

• Bring Life to Your Community!

PVHS News

Bring Life to Your Community!

• Amazing Varsity Softball Data

Uncategorized

Amazing Varsity Softball Data

• The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

Sports

The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

• Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

PVHS News

Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

What Is It Like Behind The Stage?

The Drama Club where all are welcome to experience what it’s like to stand on the stage.

The Drama Club at Pahrump Valley High School is on the smaller side, but director Adura Duavall still manages to make it work. Duvall became the director of the drama club at PVHS in the past couple of years and she plans to keep being the director. Duvall has mentioned how she would love to have a director class to teach students how to direct a show/play, etc. Being the director is very stressful. Having to make sure everything goes the way it should is difficult. When a play goes poorly the crowd never notices, but the actors and director always know things are not going as planned. 

Duvall has said that it’s not how the show went badly, but that the show didn’t get performed with the saying, “The show must go on” ,indicating that even if a show isn’t going how it should, then it’s okay as long as it keeps going. The theme of a play is that it’s always performed. Some members of the club said how it’s rare for a show to go poorly but it’s still extremely stressful to have happen. Club member Kylee Siegmund said, “None of the shows I’ve been a part of have gone bad behind or on stage, but it makes me sick to the stomach to have to think about that happening.”

Kylee Siegmund

The Drama Club has around 30 members and from the outside they all get along very well. The students in drama enjoy the environment and the people they are around. Many students have stated that the other members of the Drama Club are very supportive and very welcoming. Jailee Clark has stated that she trusts the members of the Drama Club more than anyone. Another member of the club, Landon Hartman has said that they tend to mess up lines because of how they joke around with each other. Luigi DeAngelis talked about how much he enjoys being able to go to drama and spending time with the club. Even when a member does not get a part that they wanted, it doesn’t mess up any of the relationships that they have with each other and there are never any hard feelings.

In the Drama Club, everyone pitches in to help make any props they need. The cast also helps to get the costumes they need such as buying them or having them get made by the cast themself. Setting up the plays is a lot of work and it can be stressful, especially if something gets messed up which can set everything behind but it’s said to always be a fun experience that helps bond the cast together even more. The cast paints the background they need for each play. They made the background for “Your good man Charlie Brown” and “The Bettles slept here”, both plays were performed at the auditorium at PVHS. 

So far there are two already confirmed plays that will be happening next year. The two plays are the all boy play “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare” and the all girl play “Steel Magnolias”. All auditions have already been held for “The Complete Works of William Shakespeare ” however everyone is welcome to come watch it be performed in the PVHS auditorium next year! It is a little too late to join drama, but it is an enjoyable time so join next year.