The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

PVHS News

Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

• PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

Sports

PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

• An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

Uncategorized

An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

• Bring Life to Your Community!

PVHS News

Bring Life to Your Community!

• Amazing Varsity Softball Data

Uncategorized

Amazing Varsity Softball Data

• The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

Sports

The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

• Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

PVHS News

Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

• Robotics Club Ignites Innovation and Creativity

PVHS News

Robotics Club Ignites Innovation and Creativity

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

I’ll be taking some time to talk about the benefits this class brings to the students and to the school.

Broadcasting is an amazing class that involves interviews, editing, and recording videos to share with the school. It’s a great way to learn how to use a camera properly, edit certain parts of videos, interact with others, and share information and a variety of content with a wide audience. In other words, it’s a one-to-many conversation, with a group or one person sending out a message.

The teacher who decided to take the role of teaching broadcasting is Mr. Spencer Ostrovsky. he’s been a teacher here for a couple of years but this year is his first year teaching this class. So far, it has been great for the school and the students here as well. He has a multitude of students in the class and I took time to ask one of his students a couple of questions.

I went ahead and asked Aydon Veloz, a sophomore at Pahrump Valley High School, what the easiest thing for him was in that class and he said, “Getting along with others and making new friendships through the making of videos.” This class opens up new doors to making friendships easier by getting out of your comfort zone and interacting with others you may not know.

This class also allows you to become confident in front of a camera and is a confidence-building workout for your personality. Getting on camera more often can really boost your self- confidence, especially when you know lots of people tuning in to hear what you have to say. You get used to speaking your mind, presenting ideas clearly, and just being yourself. Nonetheless, if you truly don’t like being on camera you have a chance at editing and recording. If you are looking forward to doing this as a career, then this class is perfect for you to take. It gives you an idea of how to work a camera and become familiar with how to edit a video.

I interviewed Vanessa Martinez, a sophomore at Pahrump Valley High School about the editing process and what the most challenging thing to do in broadcasting is. She said, “Editing is the most difficult because one has to edit various information and it can get overwhelming. plus getting all the work done on time and to the deadline.”As well as all the information the editors work with, some of it contains wins and losses of sports, pep rallies, dates and times, and dances. I also asked if she would recommend this class to others and if broadcasting taught her personal life skills. She stated, “It taught me personally how to be more social with others, and it opened up new windows of friendships. Yes, I would recommend this class to someone because you’re able to walk around and be informed on all the school’s very helpful news, and it also teaches you how to interview others while also learning to have good charisma when speaking to people.” 

If you’re looking to build new friendships, learn how to be comfortable in front of a camera, take editing to the next level, or in general would like to do broadcasting as a career in the near future, then taking this class is the way to go! Broadcasting will teach you the life fundamentals you will need and make great friendships that are everlasting throughout one’s life. So go ahead and talk to Mr. Ostrovsky in room 133 and ask him all the questions you need answered.