The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

PVHS News

Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

• PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

Sports

PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

• All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

PVHS News

All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

• Bring Life to Your Community!

PVHS News

Bring Life to Your Community!

• Amazing Varsity Softball Data

Uncategorized

Amazing Varsity Softball Data

• The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

Sports

The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

• Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

PVHS News

Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

• Robotics Club Ignites Innovation and Creativity

PVHS News

Robotics Club Ignites Innovation and Creativity

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

If you’re looking for something to do, the Pahrump Valley High School Mountain Biking Club might be for you!

One of the most underrated clubs at Pahrump Valley High School includes the Mountain Biking Club which is, coached and advised by Mr. Norton. This club allows students of all highschool years to get together with friends, practice, and enjoy fun rides in beautiful places all around Pahrump which occurs about every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

To get an inside look at how the club operates, Taylor Zalaco gives more information about the Mountain Biking Club. For Zalaco, as well as the other members of the club, practices allow for preparation for competitions through rides around town. These practices include riding for around an hour and a half, in which they ride where there is a steep incline so they can work on leg strength and this normally occurs in laps concluded in three and a half miles. 

While there are practices after school hours, she attends with the rest of her club she also takes it upon herself to work on her biking skills at home. Zalaco normally finds hills closer to where she lives and tries to make each lap around the hills for seventeen minutes and no longer. To be able to check her mileage around each hill, she uses Strava, an app used to not only connect her with her other teammates but also to see her progress thus far.

It’s very clear that the Mountain Bike Club is exceptionally good for the member’s physical health, the club is also a way for students to get together with friends and create emotional bonds between two people. Zalaco explains how it was her friend who got her into wanting to join the club, and since then, Zalaco and her friends have loved the time shared at practice and the rides they attend. She also explains how, besides being able to stay in shape and getting the chance to see her friends more, the club has also helped her gain a better understanding of community skills, sportsmanship, and being able to work with the other members of the club positively. While Zalaco likes many aspects of the club, the people who attend the practices and rides with her are her favorite parts throughout it all. It allows her the chance to make new friends and be friendly with the people around her without it being uncomfortable or awkward. 

With all the great qualities the Mountain Bike Club has brought to Zalaco, it’s something she sees herself doing in the future, “It’s fun, but it’s also challenging and I love to face a challenge when I get the chance”. Zalaco loves to get out of the house and hang out with her friends, and the club is her perfect chance to do so. 

If there was any club worth joining, it would be the Mountain Bike Club. It’s all about feeling positive and having fun with your friends but it also gives you the chance to get a good workout in and feel good about yourself. 

After reading this article, look into joining the club and finding more information on the PVHS website! This Club can be a good way to get outside as well as being able to spend more time with friends outside of school!