The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

PVHS News

Join the Club: Friendship Awaits.

• An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

Uncategorized

An Inside Look on The Mountain Biking Club

• All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

PVHS News

All About PVHS Broadcasting Class and the Upsides Of It All

• Bring Life to Your Community!

PVHS News

Bring Life to Your Community!

• Amazing Varsity Softball Data

Uncategorized

Amazing Varsity Softball Data

• The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

Sports

The Amazing Pahrump Valley High School JV Softball Team!

• Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

PVHS News

Why PVHS’s Chess Club is Interesting

• Robotics Club Ignites Innovation and Creativity

PVHS News

Robotics Club Ignites Innovation and Creativity

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

PVHS Throwing Team Soaring Above and Beyond

This article is about the sport of throwing and its challenges and fun things about it. It’s a very serious sport with very serious people and coaches.
Caden Neely
Pahrump Valley High School (PVHS) throwing team is a very competitive team. Let me tell you about it.

Throwing in a track is a super hard sport that you have to have dedication and motivation to get through. There are two different types of throwing discus; and shot put. I got two different opinions from the people I interviewed Hunter Mellinger and Caden Neely. 

Mellinger likes the shot put more because it’s his strong suit. Neely answered to discuss because it’s easier for him. Both are pretty hard but they come with their own challenges. For shot put and discus, you have to have a good form. That’s probably the hardest thing about shot put and discus. You also have to have the strength to help when throwing.  When throwing in a competition it’s nerve-racking but when it comes time to lock in you do. Mellinger said, “I kinda get stressed and kinda flustered because it’s almost postseason time. But when I step in that ring it’s a clear mind and all that I focus on is my breathing”, so it’s a hard sport to not be nervous in. Throwing is a fun challenging sport that lots of people love. Throwing comes with responsibilities and those are doing your job and working hard to get better. Newcomers who wanted to try out this sport underestimated it. Mellinger said his first thought when trying out throwing was, “Good lord this is gonna be a hard sport. hell week was a fun one my freshman year.” It’s a challenging sport and is not easy. 

The coach has a lot to do with the players being great. Coach T has inspired lots of kids to keep going and be the best version of themselves. Mellinger said “I did stand corrected. Being coached by coach T is not for the weak;, she’s a great coach and won’t shy away from calling you out on work ethic or anything for that matter.” From the players’ point of view, Coach T is an amazing coach who wants nothing but the best for her players. Being coached by a good coach is always a good thing when you’re dedicated to a sport. A coach either grows your love for the sport or kills it. and from the looks of it, Coach T is the one that makes people love the sport. She is a great coach and not someone to mess around with. 

I think throwing is also a competitive sport so if you ever feel like competing just for fun or even if you really wanna do it, try out throwing in track. From what you learned from reading this article I think everyone reading should try it out. It’s a very serious sport that should be tried out.