Soccer Season Coming to an End

Jose Chavez and Alvaro Garcia practicing for their soccer game.

As the chilly wind of October sweeps in, the 2018-2019 Soccer season comes to an end. Both boys and girls Trojan teams reflect on their achievements. The best score during the girls soccer season for Varsity is 9-0 against Mojave, Junior Varsity is 8-0 against Del Sol.

The seniors played their last high school home games, the girls winning 4-0 against Western on October 17, and the boys winning against Del Sol 2-1 on October 25.

Kimberly Ramos enjoying her stretches.

Throughout the season, both teams faced opposition, taking home both wins and losses. Kimberly Ramos, a senior on the girl’s Varsity team, reflects on how her last season compared to the previous years. Even though they won , she says that “this season compared to last season has been great because the girls get along better, and our bonds are stronger than last year.”

Sergio Sanchez, a senior on the Varsity team, says that “we seem more comfortable around each other and more influenced to pass the ball around and score, we seem more like brothers.” This has led to a higher scoring, and more enjoyable, season overall.

Jolean Bingman-Sutton, a Junior Varsity coach, said “Overall, I think most of the players have improved as much to be on the right path to possibly be varsity material. Either next year or the following.”

A lot of players are planning to continue playing soccer after high school. Ramos said that “my plan is to pursue soccer in college but I am not entirely sure.”  

Boys JV showing sportsmanship to the other team.

Many freshmen had the opportunity to play on JV and Varsity and made a lot of good memories throughout the season. Christian Mott, a freshman on the Varsity team said that “it felt great to play for the high school team because of all the bonds I made and the good times I had.”

Overall the soccer season went well for both boys and girls. During this season their bonds got closer and they have made a lot of memories. Seniors have had a marvelous run this season. They have made an impact on team and will be always be remembered. Only best wishes and good luck for the seniors future that lies ahead for them.