The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Pahrump Valley Junior Varsity volleyball team

Want to dig into the Trojan’s volleyball season and help our team take things to the next level.

Sadie Freeman is a freshman on a Junior Varsity volleyball team and improves day by day. Freeman has been playing volleyball for three years now. She played on the B-team for freshman and JV this year. Coach Angelica Thomissisan treated Freeman like one of her own and made sure she was set to play for JV.  Coach Thomassian is a JV volleyball coach and she understands that our teammates have ups and downs but she still pushes them to play hard. She loves working with students outside of school and coaching for the volleyball team here. Volleyball was her favorite sport when she was little and she doesn’t find it difficult being a coach. 

Coach Thomassian learned how to be patient with the students and help them improve on their mistakes. She always had a positive attitude so it didn’t reflect on her team. Freeman had really good sportsmanship and knew how to encourage her team even in the worst. Her attitude was always positive and she reflected on her mistakes mid-game or even on the side. She was always trying to be a better teammate and help encourage others to not give up but push harder.  Freeman was a role model to the grades younger than her and showed others they could do whatever they put their mind to. Freeman loves the fact that she gets to play middle hitter and block the middle balls if needed. She enjoys playing on the team with her friends and helping them improve.

Freeman has a passion for volleyball and plans on playing more when she’s older. Although she found some parts of volleyball difficult, such as learning all the plays and being able to get under really low balls or spiked balls, she wishes to improve and become a better player not just for the team but for her to be able to get moved up next year. 

Freeman has been playing for three years now and plans on becoming better so she can make varsity in the future. Even though Freeman can do other sports, she chose to do volleyball so she could try something different for once. It took her a little to learn the plays and rotations JV does rather than the B-team but she still was able to get on the court and play well. Freeman wasn’t very confident about being pushed up. She was scared she wasn’t good enough like them but when she started practicing with them she learned how to play competitively and hard. 

Freeman and Coach Thomassian both are really good people with great attitudes, especially when it comes to volleyball. 

Don’t be afraid of our Pahrump Valley High School and come support them at their next home game! Add their social media to stay updated on their schedules and when their next games are.