The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

• Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

Opinion

Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

• Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

Opinion

Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

• A Celebration of Love

Opinion

A Celebration of Love

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

A school fight that went too far on the campus of Pahrump Valley High School.
X

On a lovely afternoon in Pahrump, Nevada, around 12:09 pm at Pahrump Valley High School an announcement was made throughout campus of a lockdown. According to the Nye County School District, the lockdown was following a ‘student disturbance’ on campus. During that period, students did miss their last two classes. Some students mentioned there was a fight between two students and threats were made to one another. However, no injuries were reported. The boys in PE were searched for any weapons of any kind but none were found. It is known that other students were being pulled, searched, and questioned. A great amount of police presence arrived on campus, including other emergency responders. Rumor has it students were detained. 

Students became restless and had to use the restroom. Teachers were not informed of the situation and were just as clueless as their students. Every teacher handled the situation differently with their students. The JV girls’ softball had a game when the lockdown was called. The visitors team was sent to the girls’ bathroom, while our softball girls were sent to the boy’s bathroom. Students and parents were still trying to figure out what caused the lockdown. Articles were posted and posts were made on social media explaining the situation. 

Police closed the roads leading up to the high school. Students were locked in their classrooms for about an hour and a half not being able to contact their parents. The Nye County school district did inform parents that there had been a lockdown; they also posted on social media about the situation. The administration added in a social media post, “..do not come to the school at this time.” Another announcement was made around 1:42 pm letting students and staff know that the lockdown was being lifted. Students that were not able to receive lunch were then released to get lunch. 

Thank you to the police department and the other emergency responders for arriving on campus and handling the situation. Thanks to them, students and staff were safe and sound