The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

• Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

Opinion

Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

• Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

Opinion

Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

What is a Christmas tree?

Everybody knows what Christmas trees are but do you know the story behind how they were created?
https://www.rawpixel.com/search/christmas%20tree%20holiday

The Christmas tree is a very common thing to find in many people’s houses around Christmas time. Now many people like to put decorations on their tree and put presents under it. But it started many centuries ago in Germany when families put a paradise tree in their homes on December 24th. They chose to set it up on this day because it was the religious feast day of Adam and 

Eve. Before ornaments, they used to hang wafers on their tree. They did this because it symbolizes the Eucharistic host, the Christian sign of redemption. Ancient civilizations believed that evergreen trees symbolize life and rebirth because they stay green all year even during the winter. 

Now there are many ki

nds of Christmas trees such as Noble Fir, Fraser Fir, and more. They all have different shapes and scents which make each type unique. Many families like to put lights and decorations on their trees. Some families put ornaments on their trees, You can buy decorations or make them. A lot of families pass down ornaments from generation to generation. When it comes to lights some prefer very colorful lights but many also like to put classic white lights. One more tradition many people do is they like to put candy canes on their trees. 

There is nothing like going to grab your presents under a decorated tree on Christmas day., whether it is a real tree or an artificial tree. If you do decide to get an artificial tree you can find these at many stores. If you do get a real tree it is important to make sure you take care of it, You have to water it throughout the holiday season. So this season make sure you get a tree and do not forget to make sure you take care of it.