The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

• Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

Opinion

Dr.Pepper: The Start Of It All

• Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

Opinion

Are guinea pigs good starter pets?

• A Celebration of Love

Opinion

A Celebration of Love

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

The Hiroshima Bomb

The Hiroshima bomb that has forever changed the world. The Hiroshima bomb took the lives of many and left a whole city destroyed.
https://picryl.com/media/photograph-of-hiroshima-after-atomic-bomb-4f7ad1
https://issuecounsel.com/issue-report/bombing-hiroshima-and-nagasaki/

On August 6, 1945, during World War II, an unfortunate event happened in Hiroshima Japan. 140,000 people lost their lives and 60,000 out of 90,000 buildings were destroyed. The bomb weighed around 9,700 pounds and was dropped by a B-29 bomber named Enola Gay. This explosion was so bright that even if you covered your eyes with your hands you could still see light. Japan made a memorial called the Hiroshima Peace and Hope Memorial and it stands for having a world free from the threat of atomic warfare.

The impact of the Hiroshima bomb resulted in the rapid and widespread destruction of buildings and took many lives of individuals who lived in Hiroshima. Many of these Survivors faced long-term effects like cancer, radiation sickness, and genetic mutations. The amount of exposure these people had to the intense radiation caused more cases of leukemia and other forms of cancer than what there already was in the survivors. The bomb radiation also had an impact on future generations, leading to birth defects and genetic abnormalities. The Hiroshima bomb happened because of intricate political and military factors. 

https://japancheapo.com/entertainment/hiroshima-peace-memorial-park-museum/

The Hiroshima bomb did not only destroy buildings and take many lives, it also unleashed radiation on the environment. This radiation affected the environment to this day. What once was a vibrant and lush greenery was replaced with dull and sad scenery. It is sad how someone’s action meant to end the war ended up altering and ruining the climate. Now what was once a beautiful scenery is a sad reminder of the horrible tragedy that had happened during the war. 

I interviewed Ashley Vigueras and she stated that she believes that the bomb had packed history because it was during a period when a huge war was going on. Vigueras thinks there was another way the government could have taken care of the situation because the bomb killed millions of people. According to Vigueras, “I think that the government may have acted on how they could win the war or end it in what they thought would end it but it just led to lives lost” She believes that there are more ways to get them to surrender than to take their lives. When asked how she thinks the bomb may have affected the people in Japan Vigueras  mentions “ I think it mainly affected the people in Japan because the attacks could affect the way they view their lives “

The Hiroshima bomb has had a devastating impact on thousands of lives. The Hiroshima bomb incident still affects people to this day. It is important to note that violence is not the key to solving anything. Violence will lead to more problems and might even leave a bad scar in the future. The Hiroshima bomb is a good example of the consequences of violence and war. Instead, it is more important to be more understanding, empathetic, and peaceful so that it is easier for everyone to solve the problem. It is good to keep the other person’s feelings in mind before acting. By promoting non-violence and more peaceful solutions we can all work on resolving our problems without resorting to violence.