The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

What It Takes To Be A Pahrump Valley Trojan

Local Pahrump Valley Trojans speak on what it really takes to be a football player. The hard work and dedication it takes being a highschool football player.
https%3A%2F%2Fpicryl.com%2Fmedia%2Fa-navy-football-player-is-tackled-during-the-115th-46ffac
https://picryl.com/media/a-navy-football-player-is-tackled-during-the-115th-46ffac
Football is one of the most loved sports in America. The NFL is very much talked about. But not many people pay attention to high school football. As many people know and love high school football the players are not talked about. They put in the work to be able to play and do something they love. 

https://www.pexels.com/photo/football-ball-on-the-white-surface-7154759/

It takes hard work and dedication to play on the field. While needing tactical knowledge, good skill level, and hard training. High school football focuses on much more than that. At Pahrump Valley High School the players put in the work to give their best on the field.

While having to maintain good grades, our players must stay on track within themselves as well. Meaning their mental health and physical health as well. The coaches look for players who are strong and big which greatly helps with defense on the field. Football players train to be fast and flexible.

I interviewed Austin Sandoval player on the varsity team and he states, ” I lift weights a lot throughout the week to help maintain muscle and muscle endurance for the best performance while playing sports”.  Cardiovascular exercises by a considerable amount can help with skills on the field. Hydration is one of many key factors on the field. Sandoval also states “Endurance and hydration play the biggest factor on the field. You need to be in good shape as well as being very hydrated so your body doesn’t shut down during games…  keeping a Gatorade or Powerade has always helped replenish my electrolytes and keep my energy levels up”.

As important as physical health is here at PVHS, education is much more crucial. In order to play, players must be passing all of their classes. This helps athletes balance a little bit of work life and activity. This will prepare our players for greater and bigger life experiences. This also prepares our athletes for top leagues as many require a high school diploma and/or college education. According to local player, Zach Dockter, sports can affect your education. He states, “Sports does affect my education a little. Like games on Thursday I miss a whole class other than that no it doesn’t”.  While sports can get in the way of your education it is very simple to stay on track if you are passionate and determined. Dockter quotes, “What is challenging me in maintaining my grades is nothing, it’s just my laziness”. Sustaining good grades are rather simple; you shall be intent and committed to the sport for it to go by smoothly. 

Mentality plays a huge role in football. Coaches and players quite often encourage you to be a good sport when taking a loss or a win. But when players have a positive mindset they have higher chances of winning and succeeding in their sport. Tough mentality as an athlete will intensify a player’s dependable success. Sandoval expressed, “Holding yourself accountable is the biggest challenge. There’s a lot of individual mental barricades that you must push through in order to be best on the field”. 

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Official_picks_up_flag_at_UCLA_at_Cal_10-25-08.JPG

Football is a tough playing field. It takes hard work and extreme commitment! Appreciate your local players! You could easily help out your community team by donating. There are many athletes soon to make it to the top. Follow their journey and be a part of every step!