The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

What Makes a Good Teacher?

What a high school student thinks makes a good teacher?
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:001-teacher.svg

Trae Plein, a student at Pahrump Valley High School, shared his opinions on what makes a good teacher. He thinks a good teacher is made when they help you with your assignments or any work in general that you have. Another thing that makes a teacher good at what they do is when their fun and assignments aren’t boring and long and they can work with friends or anyone. Some things that make a teacher exciting and you really want to go to their class is when the teacher is chill and laid back when they do fun stuff in that class that is engaging and actually learning and educating the children in the class. Plein also says that teachers need to have a pleasant humor and are not so serious all the time, teachers who seem like they don’t want to be there are what makes a student not like a class. Some reasons Plein likes a teacher is when they are fair to grading and aren’t targeting them all the time. He also loves it when he gets to eat in class, it’s hard to learn when you are hungry all the time.  

https://free-vectors.net/education/teacher-at-blackboard

Some other things that make a teacher fun, cool, and exciting are the ones that do stuff for holidays because anyone can do the activities. They are straightforward and fun to do with anyone in the class. One of Plein’s favorite holiday memories was making gingerbread houses in elementary school. He would usually eat the gummies that had expired most of the time. Plein also loves it when teachers tend to be calm and don’t care what you do. If a teacher is too strict, that just creates problems that can get you in trouble and many students won’t like that teacher.

https://picryl.com/media/teacher-at-blackboard-1924-71febc

Some other things that make a good teacher in Plein’s eyes are when they actually teach things that are interesting or make them interesting. It is also important when teachers assist you with questions you may have. Teachers should allow you to work on an assignment with a partner or even a group because it makes it easier. Doing group work allows the students to share ideas and help each other. When teachers have jokes it can draw the class into what they are saying or make it easier for students to talk to. 

Having a teacher you can trust is also really important for the learning environment. Whether you’re having a bad day or someone is bothering you, the teacher can help resolve the issue. A thing that makes Plein instantly feel more comfortable with a teacher is when they are kind, assist you with work that you struggle with, and don’t just blindly give you an assignment that will make you fail. Plein also loves it when the teacher gives easy assignments and easy A’s because hard work just isn’t fun. 

Now that you know what Plein says makes a good teacher, are any of you teachers a good teacher?