The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Pahrump Valley High School Sports

Boys Varsity Basketball
Pahrump Valley High School Sports

Pahrump Valley High School, located in Pahrump, Nevada, an example of excellence in athletics. The NIAA (Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association), offers a diverse range of sports for students that attend Pahrump Valley High School. Sports like basketball, soccer, track, and baseball allow students to prove their athletic abilities. PVHS encourages students to push their hardest on and off the field. 

Pahrump Valley High School is the home to the Boys Varsity Basketball Trojans. They finished their 22-23 season off with a 7-18 overall. The team had an overall of 2-8 in the league and finished in 6th place. Their best win is against Cristo Rey with a score of 70-10. Their worst loss is 79-33 against Lake Mead Academy. 

In their first game they finished with a loss of 69-37 against Boulder CIty. The next three games they lost, now starting off the season with a 0-4 overall. In their 5th game, they won a close game, 53-50 against Pinecrest Academy. They won their first game of the season making it a 1-5 overall. The team ended up not making it to playoffs but played in a tournament and ended up finishing with a 1-3 score. They won 2-6 home games and 3-9 away games. Their highest win streak was 2 with the highest loss streak being 4. Trojans are ranked #83 teams in Nevada. 

The team’s all time overall game score is 117-320. Their playoff score is 1-5 overall all-time. They’ve won 27 out of 164 away games all-time. The all-time home game score is 37-112. 

Players say they started playing basketball because they were tall and bored. Some also say that they were inspired by players like Kobe Bryant, Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry. A lot of them play because of how inspired they are by players in the NBA. Some say they play basketball because it keeps them at peace. Most have played their whole life or just started playing 4 years ago because of the pandemic. They say they were so bored of the pandemic and needed something to do. They chose basketball as an activity and stuck with it. Players also find out that they’re very tall and choose to use it on basketball. 

Coaches only want the best for their players. They’re dedicated to the game and push players to be better. Nurturing both physical and mental well-being is a top priority that coaches focus on. Managing a team is not easy but coaches make sure to come prepared and ready. Their commitment to basketball extends beyond mere competition. Coaches aim for development while emphasizing the importance of character-building and discipline. They consistently empower their players to reach their full potential, both athletically and academically. 

If you would like to get to know more about players or have questions, they would be happy to give you information. The school holds an open gym every night from 6PM to 8PM. Players would be glad to answer any questions you might have. Coaches and staff would be pleased to answer questions as well.