The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

A Girl’s Basketball Team That’ll Make History

PVHS and their breathtaking Varsity Girls Basketball team that’ll leave you in awe.

In Pahrump, Nevada at Pahrump Valley High School, there is an amazing Varsity Girl’s Basketball team. This team will shock you with their amazing skills and chemistry with each other. The team has won many trophies and awards and the team has made several astonishing female basketball players. 

During the 22-23 winter season they won 24-6 where they placed first in the league. The coach who led the remarkable team to an amazing season was Robert Hopkins. They got two of last year’s varsity players to share their thoughts on how they think this upcoming season is going to be. The two athletes who were interviewed were Paris Coleman and Avery Moore. They both said that they think this next season will be great and they are going to do even better than last season! The two athletes are both very competitive and work as hard as they can to achieve victory. Just watching them really inspires others around them.

Coleman is a Varsity basketball player here at Pahrump Valley High School. She is a very good athlete as well and tries her best. She wasn’t much of a scorer, but she was a great defender. She averaged four steals a game and was a great team player as well as a leader who was loved by her whole team. Not only is Paris a breathtaking defender, but also a person with a good mindset. She keeps her head up high and doesn’t look on the bad side of what’s to come for the team. She’s loved by many people and is a good teammate in general.

Our next interviewee was Moore, another Varsity basketball player who is just incredible at what she does. She is a great all-around player. She could do it all you name it she could do it on the basketball court. Avery was asked if she was excited about this upcoming season and seeing her team again and she said she was “ready to win”! She wants to make her senior season count this year by leading her team to victory.

PVHS is serious about their sports, they are competitive, tough, and strong. They push themselves to be the best athletes that they can be. The varsity girl’s basketball team has been the best for a long time now, they have been at least top three in our league for a few years now. Talk about good teamwork. The team proves themselves to be not only incredible, but they also prove that practice indeed makes perfect.

This team would never have been able to do it without the coaches, the head coach Robert Hopkins has led them to many victories. Yes, the team has had their fair share of ups and downs but they always come back, and even better. Last year, the team got first in the league while winning 10-0. Their teamwork together is really a sight to see. 

The Varsity Girl’s Basketball team will never disappoint. If you see any of the varsity basketball players, be sure to cheer them on! You should also congratulate coach Robert Hopkins for bringing the team into many wins, and a good representation for the school.

View Comments (1)