The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

JV girls basketball

Pahrump Valley High School JV girl basketball is an aggressive and outstanding team to watch.

PVHS JV girls basketball team is a hard-working and determined team to win. Even though they are not the biggest and strongest team, their ability to communicate with each other on the court makes them stand out from the other teams. Their team chemistry is super good because they can communicate, work together, and play as a team, that alone makes them a good team. At practice, they try their hardest and if someone makes a mistake they don’t make the person feel bad about themselves they cheer the person up and tell them to try again or if they got it next time. 

PVHS girls basketball is super hard to play because it is a super physical sport. They are all aggressive on defense and offense. They are determined to score and if they miss then they all hustle to get the rebound and they try again. The PVHS JV girl basketball team doesn’t win all their games. Their record in the 2021-2022 winter season was 24-6, but all their losses were against super-good teams and they were very good games. Even if PVHS JV girls are getting blown out by a team, they still never give up. If they know they are playing a team that is one of the best, then they go into that game with full confidence and they never back down. 

I interviewed Trinity French, a student and a player on the PVHS JV girls basketball team, who is a hard-working player on and off the court. I ask French questions that all involve basketball from a player’s perspective. I asked French what is something that you find challenging in basketball and she said, “I find offense hard in basketball because I’m better at defense.” Another question I asked is what is something you love about basketball and her response was, “I love the team because we are all super close on and off the court so we have super good team chemistry.” The third question I asked was what do you do if you have a bad game she said, “When I have a bad game I see what I did wrong and I make sure that I go harder at practice, so like if I missed a lot of shots that game then I would make sure to put up a lot of shots at practice.” The last question I asked French was what do you do if someone else is having a bad game she said, “If someone else is having a bad game then I try to encourage them and try to help them with what they’re doing bad on so say if they are having a hard time passing the ball then I will keep passing the ball back and forth so they can get the passing down.” But overall Trinity French is an amazing player at PVHS and the team is a super hard-working and inspiring team to watch and they have amazing players. 

If you have a chance you should go watch some of PVHS sports teams and check out their amazing players.