The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Rising High School Soccer Stars.

A look behind Pahrump Valley High Schools JV Girls Soccer teams player’s aspirations and what holds them back.
Pahrump valley athletics instagram page

Soccer is a sport loved all around the world. It holds a special place in the hearts of JV girls soccer players at Pahrump Valley High School  Kennedy Vanderbeek and Isabella Wheeler, alongside Robert Stalker, their coach. In this article, we will deep dive into their soccer journey by exploring what their positions are, their challenges, aspirations, and valuable guidance.  

Vanderbeek is a talented player who plays defense on the JV girl’s soccer team. She stated, “I play defense and I am one of the best at it.” Isabella Wheeler plays center defense and stopper on the JV girl’s soccer team. Wheeler is good at her positions as well, and in her own words said, “I don’t let the ball pass me unless I can’t get it”. 

These girls are really talented and good at playing soccer, but like everyone else, they have their challenges. One of the many things Vanderbeek finds challenging is playing midfield and other positions she needs to become more familiar with. “I don’t like running up and down the field every 5 seconds”. Wheeler finds going against aggressive teams challenging. She is one of the best players, but also clumsy. “If you see someone fall it is probably me” is what she said while laughing.

For many people, if they are extremely talented at a hobby they think about doing it as a career. Rather, Vanderbeek does not see herself doing soccer as a future career but as a hobby. “Absolutely not, it’s just for fun.” She immediately said after being asked that question. Wheeler on the other hand says that she does see herself doing it as a career, but if it does not work out for her she has a backup plan.

Vanderbeek has been playing soccer since she was five or six years old. Her love for the game stems from the sheer joy and fun she experiences while playing. Vanderbeek’s journey in soccer has been a long one, filled with countless hours of practice and dedication. She has earned her skills and she developed a deep passion for the sport, even though she only sees it as a hobby and not as a future career. 

Wheeler draws her inspiration from her former coach who was a big part of her soccer journey. Her former coach pushed Wheeler to keep going. Wheeler has also been playing soccer for a significant amount of time. The bond Wheeler and her coach had served as a reminder that a coach’s influence can impact an athlete’s growth. 

Vanderbeek finds soccer incredibly entertaining and she finds it fun. For Vanderbeek, the game is not about competition but it is about enjoying it, and the joy it brings her. Kennedy also sees soccer as a good source of exercise. Vanderbeek recognized the benefits soccer brings to her legs. Soccer keeps Vanderbeek active, healthy, and a good source of joy.

Both Vanderbeek and Wheeler have different things that bring them joy in soccer. For Vanderbeek, it is physical activity. For Wheeler, it is the sense of escaping reality and putting all of her focus on the field and game. 

When I asked Robert Stalker, the JV girls soccer coach about what inspired him to coach them, he expressed his desire to do so because he thought it would be fun and just because he wanted to. This shows that for him coaching the team is not just a responsibility but a source of enjoyment. 

Stalker expressed that he really enjoys coaching the team. When asked if he enjoys coaching the girl’s soccer team he said: “Yes very much”. His response reflected the passion he has for working with the players and guiding them in playing soccer. 

Stalker would have played soccer back when he was in high school, but sadly they did not have a team he could play on. This shows that he has had a love for soccer ever since way back. It is good that he has found a way to make soccer a part of his life by coaching for a soccer team.  Stalker Enjoys coaching the girls because he likes getting to know the girls on the team as well. He likes seeing them grow and improve their soccer skills. 

If you see Vanderbeek or Wheeler in the hall, make sure to stop by and say “Hi” and congratulate them on being extraordinary players! You should also congratulate their coach, as he’s an amazing person to guide them to their victories and hard work.