The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Get to know the Pahrump Valley High volleyball team.

PVHS volleyball team: strong players, great friends, and outstanding students.
Pahrump Valley Times Newspaper

Volleyball is a fun sport many people enjoy playing on the beach, in the pool, or competitively. It takes much focus and teamwork to win in volleyball. Every player has their own position and that position determines what they do in the game. Pahrump Valley High School has its very own freshman volleyball team! 

There are around 12 players on the girl’s freshman team. Each brings their own unique skill to the team and with their skills the team is able to have confidence that they can win each game they play. If they lose, they never lose their team or their confidence.  The transition from middle school to high school can be difficult especially when playing a sport.

Many of the freshman volleyball players have become acquainted well with the new environment they are in. Two of our freshman volleyball players Kaylee Baker and

Sadie Freeman were interviewed. They have both been playing volleyball since 7th grade. They began playing volleyball to try out a different sport as well as to make friends. As of right now Baker poses as the middle hitter and she will be getting switched to outside, Freeman plays middle and outside as well. 

Many people were introduced into a sport by their friends and so were Freeman and Baker and they’ve been playing volleyball since. Nervousness is something everyone deals with but right before a big game isn’t the 

best time. They cope with this by talking to friends and taking deep breaths to take their minds off it. Even if someone makes a mistake the team encourages them and helps them to get better. 

A plethora of people have goals same with our two volleyball players, their goals are more oriented for on the court. They work very hard to achieve their goals they practice and train to reach a level they are proud of. Some goals of theirs are to spike the ball better and jump higher which I’m sure they can achieve easily.

Volleyball is a sport many people play and many people are good at the sport. The P

VHS team practices hard to win their games and beat the other team they are up against. But balancing sports with school can be difficult for many student-athletes which is understandable. Sports are difficult enough but having to keep up with schoolwork and after school activities can be  very hard but our freshman team has stuck through and kept up their good work

Our volleyball team and all our sports teams work very hard so give them encouragement and be a team player. Even if they lose, still be proud of them, it’s difficult to play sports and it’s even more difficult against a team especially when people are watching. So at the volleyball teams next game make sure to encourage and cheer for them, same goes for any of the PVHS teams.