The Trojan Tribune

The Student News Site of Pahrump Valley High School

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

• Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Under Lockdown.

• See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

Uncategorized

See What The GSA Club At PVHS Has To Offer.

• Important Opinions On Yearbook

PVHS News

Important Opinions On Yearbook

• Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

Pahrump Valley High School Lock Down

Featured

• Free Images : laptop, product, technology, electronic device, computer keyboard, personal computer, furniture, gadget, display device, font, space bar, netbook, electronics, multimedia, touchpad, office equipment, input device, computer desk 3424x3424 - -

Opinion

The Internet Explained

• The Hiroshima Bomb

Opinion

The Hiroshima Bomb

• Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

Opinion

Do Two Cadillac Enthusiasts Have the Same Top Three Favorite Cars?

• What Should Your First Job Be?

Opinion

What Should Your First Job Be?

The Trojan Tribune

The Trojan Tribune

Boys freshman basketball

TC Hone and Trae Plein are two high school basketball players with a lot of potential.
PvTimes
Jacob Selbach
PvTimes

In 2022 they were 7-18 with 7 wins and 18 losses but I think this year they will do better with the freshman point guard Trae Plein. Plein has a lot of potential. I visited a player, Trae Plein, and asked him some questions such as who’s your favorite player? His answer was Michael Jordan because he is the greatest of all time. In the future, he would like to attend Duke University, a very prestigious school located in North Carolina. They also have a very good basketball team. Plein told me he wanted to attend this school when I asked him “What’s your Favorite college you want to play for?” Speaking of favorites I also asked him what is your favorite part of basketball and his response was shooting 3-pointers. Plein is very good but he

is on the shorter side so when I asked him what he found challenging about basketball he said he had to play against and guard tall people. I watched him play and he was very good so I figured he had to have been playing his whole life. That’s why I was surprised when I asked him how long he has been playing and he said only two years. He started playing because all of his friends play and he has a lot of fun playing now. He is hoping to go pro so he can play for as long as possible and I think he can go pro because he is good but he also is a very good teammate. His teammates and coaches would describe him as a good sport and a very good player.

Next, I interviewed 5’8 TC Hone, a freshman in PVHS. He would love to attend UNC or UCLA. His dream is to get a scholarship to play basketball for one of the teams. Both teams have a very good basketball program and I think he has a very good chance to play for one of them. Just like Plein, he is shorter than most on the team so he has to find a way to play against them. I asked him what he finds the most challenging in basketball and his response was “tall people”. I asked him what his favorite thing was and his favorite thing was shooting and scoring.  Three years ago he decided he wanted to play because his friend convinced him it would be fun and he is very happy that he started. He is hoping to go pro and he wants to be the next Larry Bird. Larry Bird is Hones’ favorite player of all time and he thinks he is the greatest of all time. I asked Hone how would your teammates and coaches describe you and he said “They would say I am a very good sport and a great teammate”.

Overall the PVHS freshman basketball team looks like they have a lot of potential and they seem very nice. After reading this I want you to try playing basketball or even just go want one of their games.