Cactus Club!

Annie Kocvara, Journalist

The new club at school, Cactus Club, welcomed its members on November 8th, meeting in Mrs. Thompson’s room. Since it is the new club at school it’s surprising that it’s getting so much attention. The first meeting alone welcomed 67 members; now that number has climbed to over 100 members

The idea of the club started when the president, Kylee Meads, lived in Utah. A girl wanted to start the club at her school but “it completely bombed.”

When she moved here, her, Taylor Gent (the Student Council Vice President), and Cole Goodman (the Student Council Treasurer) were brainstorming on clubs they could start. First, it was Republicans club then Cactus Club popped up. Everyone agreed and it soon became a club.

Cactus Club is a club where you get a cactus to take care of and if you want to, you can decorate it. Once a month, the members will be allowed to bring their cactus and show it off in their classes.

When asked about what the purpose of the club, Kylee Meads responds “To make a mark in the school and to leave a legacy… It’s a good way to learn how to grow stuff and have this responsibility, I think it’s really well rounded as a club.”

Sometime in December, the club wants to get a fair amount of members to go on a field trip to the Ethel M Cactus Garden in Las Vegas. During the Christmas season, this cactus garden gets decorated with beautiful lights and Christmas decorations.

Meads also says that it could be a possibility to plant all club members cacti in a planter at the school at the end of the year. It isn’t official but she is hoping it could happen.

More members sign up all the time for Cactus Club, and it will probably be known as the biggest club in school. It’s possible that it will “leave a legacy” at PVHS.