The Heart of Pahrump

Mom’s Diner; The Heart of Pahrump. It’s called that for a reason. There are key necessities for a restaurant to be successful, and Mom’s Diner has them all. If you’re ever hungry, head on down to Mom’s Diner. As they say, the food’s so good you’d think they stole your mama!

Brett & Son

Zachary Mathews, Journalist

Mom’s Diner, otherwise known as “The Heart of Pahrump”, located on 1240 East State St, is open 6 AM – 8 PM, 7 days a week.  If you’re looking for good food, good culture, and an overall good experience, head on down to Mom’s Diner.

Mom’s Diner is a family-owned business that has been around for 10 years. There isn’t another one anywhere in the world. When you walk in I can guarantee the first thing you will notice is the culture. The decorations that hang on the walls have been brought from all over the world, thanks to the wide tourist population Mom’s Diner draws in.

It’s owned by Brett Chumley, alongside his family. Brett has owned it for 10 years. He is most definitely a family man, and he loves living out here in Pahrump. When asked about his favorite part about working here, he said “The clientele is like family. We get treated so well out here I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else”. Throughout his family, they’ve had over 100 years of being in the restaurant business. I asked him if he wanted to do anything else besides work or own a restaurant. He’s been in the restaurant business since he was 12 and really couldn’t imagine doing anything else. 

And now for the part everyone’s been waiting for: the food. They serve mostly American food. When I asked a fellow freshman if she liked the food, she simply said, “Heck yeah!” I personally love the food. I suggest the chicken fried chicken, with the country gravy on the side. Not only that, the price is very reasonable, definitely enough bang for your buck.

Something for my fellow high-schoolers: Mom’s Diner is actually looking for someone to hire: they need a busboy. Brett treats his co-workers very well; he even runs his own program: if you are struggling with some kind of addiction, he will personally pay for your rehab, and you owe nothing as long as you finish it. And when you finish, you can come back to your old position, no strings attached. Brett, having struggled with problems like that, ran into an old friend back when he was younger, He was getting into a lot of trouble when he ran into this friend. This friend gave him a chance. He took that chance and ran with it. He saw that chance as a blessing.

Mom’s Diner. Good food, culture, and experience. 7 days a week 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Come on down! No reservations needed. If you need to contact them, give them a call at (775) 751- 9929, or give em’ a follow on Facebook, under Mom’s Diner.