Beyond the Shadows

“When walking through the ‘valley of shadows,’ remember, a shadow is cast by a Light” – Austin O’Malley (An ophthalmologist and a professor of English literature at University of Notre Dame 1858-1932)

Alyssa Greenway, Journalist

A shadow is a dark area where a light source is blocked and creates a silhouette or a reverse projection of the object or person; however, could a shadow be more complex than that? Can a shadow be deeper and created without a light source?

There has been a time in everyone’s life where they go out to the kitchen or even the bathroom at night and swore that they saw something, yet there was nothing there.

We tend to shake these things off as if nothing had happened, or even pretend that we saw nothing because we think we are just seeing things.

There are beings that many people around the world tend to see in their homes, or around buildings. They aren’t anything like ghosts, as many believed, but something more than that.

People that have encounters call these things the “Shadow People,” something that is blacker than black and always watching. Some have claimed that these could be our guardian angels, but these things are evil according to Susan Lawrence Fowler.

Many cases say that they see things dart within the shadows going through walls or even doors. They are believed to be some sort of inter-dimensional beings with their dimension overlapping with ours on occasion.

Generally, children tend to see ghost or shadow people because their mind is clearer and they have an imagination that is more open than adults; however, there are even many cases of adults seeing these shadow people as well.

Many people may think that these creatures are evil, that they will harm us, but honestly they are most likely harmless. They can’t touch or harm us in any way, especially because they tend to run from us when we see them; although, there isn’t even research to know if these are even real, or even if they are harmless.

As much as we see what happens in front of us and what we see, the only reason we feel scared is because its unknown, and that is what scares us all the most.

We may never really know how they are intertwined with our dimension, what their true intentions are, and why they are here because, what we do know is that they are harmless and we will be perfectly fine. Never underestimate anything because anything is possible.